Connecting with others while on the journey to collect better cards is one of the coolest parts of the SuperCard experience. With Season 6, we're adding more functionality to make it easier to pick the best team for you. And for team managers, we're making it easier to evaluate performance and recruit.
We're doing this by surfacing better stats, automating important notifications, and with stronger search functionality. Our goal is to allow anyone to get the intel they need to find great fits.
Here's some of the improvements and updates in more specifity:
- On all player profiles, we've added a new "Player Activity" pane, which lets you know if someone participates in SuperCard more actively or passively.
- Teams also have a new stats pane, which gives you more insight on how a team performs on a typical basis. This pane includes a leaderboard across all three major team event types and participation stats including average shards per event, average points gained, and so on and so forth.
- A new indicator lets you know who is online or offline during a team event. We've also added more notifications, including when a player increases their Top 8.
- Search improvements make it easier to find the right team and to see the requirements to get into one. We're surfacing better fits betterly, basically. We need to stop making up words at some point.
With these features in tow, we're also EXPANDING teams in Season 6.
- We're raising the team cap to 20, doubling it from what it is right now.
- One of the first features that'll support this is Team Battlegrounds. Starting with S6 launch, your team will be able to form two smaller groups and start up two TBGs at the same time. You and your team can do this as much as you like.
- We're also adding new perks for purchase. These perks, respectively, allow you to boost shards, picks, and TBG charges at 1-hour increments for the entire team. A notification will pop up, giving everyone the scoop on who dropped it and when.
We'll continue iterating on teams all Season. Not to be too teasery, but we are working on a brand new event type that'll be exclusive to teams. This is a post-launch thing we plan to deliver later this winter and it'll leverage all of the above.
Whether you're actively playing on a team or doing your thing across all of our singles play options like KOTR or WILD or you name it, you'll be able to harness our other all-new feature: THE PERFORMANCE CENTER.
The PC is a new location to SuperCard, designed to help you get Matches Played and XP passively. Conceptually tied to the NXT facility of the same name, simply drop cards that need some development time into either In-Ring Conditioning or Gym Workouts to earn XP or Matches Played while you do something else -- including playing SuperCard. With any cards currently in the Performance Center.
Some more details:
- The PC provides two initial chambers, one for Matches Played and the other for XP. At launch, you'll get 1 free chamber for Matches Played. Card XP's chamber requires purchases. Like with the Fusion Chamber, you can also purchase to speed up training.
- You can train any card in the PC. Cost to complete and speed up vary by type.
- Cards currently in the Performance Center can't be trained, deleted, Pro'ed, fortified, or otherwise used outside of the content of playing matches (across any mode or event).
- The Performance Center stays up to date as you play -- if you earn Matches or train up cards, time will be removed from timer.
One of our goals with the PC in particular was to give players who want to just pick up and play in less regular intervals more options for getting the most out of their cards and time. For those who play for longer periods of time, the PC compliments play as it dynamically adjusts its timers to accommodate stat gains as you progress.
We imagine you have some questions, so feel free to hit us up. We're pretty excited to get new team stuff and the PC in front of you. Launch isn't too far away ...